National will put trades and industry training back into our schools.
Our initiatives include:
• Piloting a school-based apprenticeships scheme like the one run in Australia.
• Funding select schools to run “Trades Academies”.
• Giving schools more flexibility to run trades training classes outside their school gates.
• Tackling the technology teacher crisis.
• Ensuring the technology curriculum includes the need for students to make things, build things, and produce things.
• Encouraging business to help schools with resources for trades training.