| | |
Homepage | login or create an account

How To Enrol From Overseas

Read More:

I'm living overseas, am I eligible to enrol?

Yes, if you are 18 years of age or older and either: a New Zealand citizen and have been in New Zealand in the past three years, or a New Zealand permanent resident who has been in New Zealand in the past 12 months, then you may enrol.

Your electorate will be the one in which you last lived for a month or more.

(Notes: There are exceptions to these time limits for certain people and their families, such as members of the New Zealand Defence Force or New Zealand diplomats or trade representatives.)

How do I enrol?

If you are an eligible elector, you can update your postal address and other details, or enrol by:

  • updating or enrolling online
  • picking up an enrolment form from any New Zealand diplomatic post
  • within New Zealand phoning 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56) and asking to be sent an enrolment form
  • asking a member of your family or a friend to complete an enrolment form for you.

You can get someone else to complete the enrolment form for you, but:

  • they must be a registered elector (ie, they must be enrolled themselves), and
  • they must print "Elector Overseas - signed by their direction" on the form next to their signature.
  • or you can have the form completed by someone who holds a Power of Attorney for you. In this case they must print "Elector Overseas - Power of Attorney" next to their signature.

You can get more information about enrolling, and download a printed application form if you wish, at How to enrol to vote.

About : Politics

Find the latest politics and election news, 'how to' guides and party policies on Guide2Politics.


Your Questions. Independent Answers.