There’s no doubt fancy dress makes for a great party - there’s nothing quite like the escapism of dressing up and becoming your favourite film star for the night. However, hiring professional costumes can get mighty expensive. Here are a couple of costumes that won’t cost a lot!
The best way to save on your costume – is use your network! Let your family/work mates/friends know you’re going to a party, there’s a good chance that many of them will have an old hat, or a blonde wig or some other amazing piece that will set your costume off to a t!
For the guys:
1. Indiana Jones – all you need is a hat, jacket, khaki shirt, a whip (a stick with a piece of rope would do!) and a 3 day growth might top it off nicely.
2. Steve Irwin - The late great wildlife warrior is so easy and with such a huge personality, lots of fun to play. You just need khaki shorts and shirt, short blonde wig (optional) and some kind of stuffed wildlife, like a plastic croc.
3. James Bond – tuxedo and plastic gun (optional - carry around martini glass with an olive).
For the girls:
1. Bonnie (from the infamous Bonnie & Clyde) – a tight skirt, fitted vest, a beret and a fake gun and you’re done. Your man can throw on a suit, grab a violin case and a fedora and you’re an instant outlaw couple.
2. Monica Seles – pop on a tennis outfit (perhaps a blonde wig), grab a racquet and grunt alot!
3. Hilary Clinton – a short blonde wig and a business suit. (You might like to practice your American accent as well.)
4. Helen of Troy – make a flowing toga out of a white sheet – add a gold ribbon above the waist to create a princess bodice. Create gold arm bands, bracelets and hair accessories from the gold ribbon, curl your hair (or find a long curly wig) and take along a toy ship!
Have a great night!
Mary Holm: Get Rich Slow: How to Grow Your Wealth the Safe and Savvy Way
Martin Hawes: Twenty Good Summers: Work Less, Live More and Make the Most of Your Money
Liz Koh: Your Money Personality: Unlock the Secret to a Rich and Happy Life
Martin Hawes and Joan Baker: : Coach Yourself to Wealth: Live the Life You Want
Anton Nadilo and Andrew Lendnal: Budget Wise, Dollar Rich: The New Zealand Guide
Compare Credit Cards - Independent interest rate and fees comparisons for New Zealand banks.